Codes of conduct
We strive to always work to a clear set of standards to make sure we’re always doing the right thing for you.
We’ve got guidelines for everything from handling complaints to being more appointment efficient.
At our practice we take great pride in the service we offer and hope that you will have an excellent experience whilst undergoing treatment with us.
In our practice we always
- Communicate with patients in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
- Make sure that patients receive full information about our services, their treatment and its cost
- Provide advice and treatment outside normal surgery hours where necessary
- Refer patients for further professional advice and treatment where appropriate.
In our practice we will
- Manage our appointments system so that treatment appointments are booked no more than 8 weeks ahead
- Sometimes there can be delays due to emergencies and unexpected events. We will endeavour to ensure that patients should have to wait no longer than 30 minutes to be seen. Where there is a further delay we will explain the reasons.
- Remind patients of their appointment by phone, email or text (as preferred)
- Monitor our waiting times for (i) treatment and (ii) for booking appointments
- Provide as much notice as possible when appointments have to be changed or cancelled and explain the reasons
In return our polite request to patients
- Participate in your dental treatment, particularly any advice about prevention and diet that we have asked you to continue at home
- Arrive on time for your appointment. Please give the practice at least 48 hours notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. Please note there are charges associated with missed appointments or cancellations without 24 hours notice.
- Advise us of any changes to your contact details (address, telephone numbers, email) to help us keep our records up to date and ensure that we are able to contact you.
- Please note that at our practice we take pride in staff education and training. At times there will be trainee dental nurses present, working under supervision. This should not have any impact on your treatment but may require us to allow extra time for supervision and training.